"Hey! 'What are you FUCKERS doin, SITTING AROUND!!! GET BACK TO WORK!"
- Scoop Dunbarton.
Scoop Dunbarton was a recurring character and antagonist of Season 2 on F is for Family. He was voiced by John DiMaggio.
Scoop was a Minor League Baseball player until he had to retire due to being kicked in the head by a horse (which crushed his skull and left him with a large depression on the side of his head) leaving him with permanent brain damage. He was the nephew of Roger Dunbarton, who brought him in as Frank's replacement after he was fired.
Before his injury, Scoop was despised for his reckless behavior, excessive drinking, and his attempts to re-segregate baseball.
Scoop was vastly despised by all of the Airport employees because of the fact that he was very rude and condescending towards them. In addition, his uncontrollable anger, mood swings, and lack of reasonable thought, endangered other employees all over the airport.
In the Season 2 finale, after being drugged and stuffed into a luggage bag by Frank and the airline employees, Scoop eventually regained consciousness and beat up the African-American terrorists. Though while he celebrated his victory, Scoop accidentally stepped on the suitcase with a bomb in it and was killed by the explosion, which blew his lower body right off. The laminated newspaper article describing his accident with the horse (named "Big Harold") flew off and slit the throat of his uncle, Mr. Dunbarton, killing him.
Scoop's personality could be best described as: intensely reckless, thoughtless, selfish, hateful, arrogant, abusive, immature, highly racist, stupid and all-around incompetent. This may be due to his head injury.
- "Scoop: One of you frog parties fix this! TAKE SOME FUCKING INITIATIVE!!!"
Scoop Dunbarton threatening people.
- "Scoop: All hands on deck! This is not a drill! WE ARE BEING INVADED!!!"
- "Scoop: GO BACK TO AFRICA!!!!"
Scoop throws suitcases in an airplane.
- "Bob: Here's the coffee you wanted.
- "Scoop: I didn't ask for no beanjuice. NOW GIVE ME MY BEANJUICE!!!"
Bob giving Scoop the coffee.
- "Scoop: Get your mits off my me paper, Frog Fucker. (walks away & closes the door) GUAAAAAH!"
Scoop taking back his newspaper from Frank.
- "Bob: Have fun in Delute, Scoop,"
- "Rosie: Don't forget your me paper you racist fuck"
Bob, Frank and Rosie stuffing a drugged Scoop in a bag onto a plane
- "Bob: Dunbarton gave your job to his shit for brains nephew, Scoop."
- "Frank: Scoop Dunbarton? I remember him wasn't he in the minor leagues?
- "Bob: Yeah, and a major league prick! Just a misreble human being. He launched a one-man crusade to re-segregate baseball."
Bob telling Frank what happened with Scoop taking his job.
- "Bob: It's a living nightmare! Look at that six foot, two inch, toddler, Dunbarton expect me to babysit. He sorts luggage by race! My blood pressure is spiking! And thanks to this crash diet I'm on, I've passed enough kidney stones to fill the bottom of a fish tank."
Bob seeing Scoop Dunbarton on TV.
- Scoop: Huh? (seeing people cheering, and getting happy with the most excited part of a Major League) THANK YOU, BASEBALL FANS!!! (cheering scoop with all the hijackers defeated) Re-segregate now! It's what white god wants!
Scoop happily cheerful with all the people.
- According to the newspaper article, Scoop had a "big heart", which was ironic considering his actual personality.
- He's alcoholic despite not ever drinking on screen.
- Despite his death being graphicly painful, he didn't feel anything because of his head injury.
- Also according to the newspaper, Scoop was left-handed (the beginning of the article labels him as an LHP (left-handed pitcher) and his photo reflects that).