Cheap ass Syracuse motherfuckers. Hope your plane gets Hijacked!
Chauncey "Rosie" Roosevelt is a recurring character on F is for Family. He's an old man who works at the airport as a shop steward and baggage handler and a close friend of Frank Murphy. He is voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.
Born in 1924, Rosie first started out working alongside Smokey in the early 1940’s. At some point in Rosie's life, he met and married a nurse named Georgia, with whom he has two kids. He has also been a longtime friend of Frank Murphy, though their friendship began to deteriorate in "The Trough", after he saw Frank insult African-American people on TV, and after Frank befriended the Airlines' CEO, Mr. Dunbarton.
Rosie's friendship with Frank was eventually restored after Frank resolved the conflict that led to a strike in "O Holy Moly Night". He also helped Frank receive new employment while Frank helped Rosie and the other airline employees deal with their new boss, Scoop Dunbarton in "A Girl Named Sue".
Rosie has to deal with racism often, especially at work. This is a major theme for him in Season 3, particularly as he is passed over for promotion to baggage manager and is at odds with Bob Pogo whose deep-seated racism comes to the fore in "The Stinger". In "Battle Of The Sexes", Rosie decided to run for alderman against Teddy Morewill, son of disgraced, ousted incumbent Edward Morewill. The media and establishment heavily favor the Caucasian, well-connected Teddy despite he himself being out on bail for lewd acts with a dog.
It was revealed in "Battle Of The Sexes", that Rosie has an illegitimate, Puerto-Rican son named Rosie Jr. who he conceived with an adult Puerto-Rican woman when he was 17 at a Puerto-Rican day parade. His relationship with his son seems to be somewhat complicated as he prefers not to talk about him and his other kids were not even aware of the fact that Rosie Jr. was their paternal half-brother, initially believing he was their uncle.
- The Bleedin' in Sweden
- Saturday, Bloody Saturday
- The Trough
- F is for Halloween
- Bill Murphy's Day Off
- O Holy Moly Night
- Heavy Sledding
- A Girl Named Sue
- Night Shift
- F Is For Fixing It
- Landing The Plane
- Are You Ready For The Summer?
- Paul Lynde to Block
- The Stinger
- Battle Of The Sexes
- Summer Vacation
- It's In His Blood
- Frank The Father
- Bill Murphy's Night Off
- Father Confessor (cameo)
- Nothing is Impossible (credit only)
- Bring Me a Tooth
- The "B" Word
- Just Breathe
- Come to Papa
- R is for Rosie
- Murphy and Son (credit only)
- Land, Ho!
- Baby, Baby, Baby
- "Don't Forget Your Me-Paper You Racist Fuck!"
- "Never Missed a Day. Came in when Kennedy was shot, The King was shot, the next Kennedy was shot. Oh you'll get promoted. Next year,"
- "You gotta be Shitting me!"
- Rosie has three kids, a son named Darryl Roosevelt, a daughter named Nia Roosevelt, whom Frank is the Godfather of, and an illegitimate bastard child, born of a Puerto-Rican woman he met at a parade when he was 17. This boy is named "Rosie Jr." and he's still a part of his father's life. Rosie tried poorly to pass off Rosie Jr. as the uncle of his other two kids, but in "Battle Of The Sexes", they found out the truth.
- Rosie does not like being called by his first name Chauncey and only lets his wife, Georgia call him that and presumably his children.
- Rosie had a scene as "Dean Cockstopper" in Red and Carl's porno film "Fuck School", a fact which is used against him in the televised alderman candidates' debate in "Bill Murphy's Night Off".
- Rosie is based on the late comedian Patrice O'Neal, who was Bill Burr's best friend and colleague in real life.
- Rosie would be 97 years old in 2021